delivery.com empowers the neighborhood economy be enabling customers to order online from their favorite local restaurants, grocery stores, wine and spirits shops, and now laundry and dry cleaning providers at laundry.delivery.com. Every day more than one million delivery.com customers explore their communities and order from more than 10,000 local businesses while at home, at work, or on the go. With headquarters in New York and a growing presence throughout the U.S., delivery.com makes e-commerce an integral part of local daily life, helping customers shop, businesses grow, and neighborhood thrive.
Delivery.com is seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to facilitate development across its platform. The PM is expected to optimize productivity across the team and drive the team to success by being innovative, thoughtful and forward thinking. This role is key to the company’s plans to grow across restaurant, grocery, wine & liquor and laundry verticals.
- Help the team members work together and learn the Scrum framework
- Keeps the team on track, productive, and growing in ability
- Clarify and communicate technical project objectives and success criteria to the team while providing motivation, direction, and overall management to internal project teams and relevant stakeholders
- Remove external and internal impediments to the team’s progress.
- Foster self-organization, meaning that the team itself should remove issues wherever possible.
- Facilitate meetings and always act as a coach for the Scrum team, helping the team to execute the Scrum process.
- Build a trusting and safe environment with an emphasis collaboration and problem solving.
- Partner with the Product Owners with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Hands-on oversight of release cycles, including release communications
- 1+ years experience playing the Scrum Master role for a software development team in fast-paced, Internet environment that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- 2+ years industry experience in E-commerce or large B2C Internet business
- Experience with using Agile tools to drive Scrum teams, track burn down, velocity and report on KPIs (JIRA preferably)
- Prior experience developing Sprint timelines
- Demonstrated understanding of design and technology concepts on web sites.
- Confidence-inspiring manner and ability to articulate ideas in concise written or verbal format
- BA/BS required. First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I) a strong preference
This is a full-time position, compensated at market competitive rates, and includes full benefits and 401(k). Candidates must be available to interview in-person at delivery.com’s New York City location. This role is based in New York City.