delivery.com is looking for a systems administrator/architect to join our downtown New York City team. The ideal candidate should be very experienced with Linux systems and web technologies. This is an excellent opportunity to work on exciting projects that are vital to the company's expansion.
- Maintain and improve both our AWS infrastructure and our office infrastructure and networking.
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of issues ranging from finding bottlenecks on an overloaded noSQL server, architecting solutions to replace legacy systems, and writing scripts help monitor a new interface.
- Help developers trying to interface with 3rd party systems and automate deployment
- Expert in server technologies
- Perform 24x7 support as part of a small team
- 4-5 years of system administration experience, especially in Linux, with a strong understanding of major Linux components
- Excellent scripting or Bash skills
- Good understanding of Internet and web technologies (esp. NGINX and/or Apache)
- Good experience and knowledge of AWS or similar cloud
- Excellent troubleshooting under pressure
- Experienced in monitoring and monitoring systems
- Experienced in researching, laying out, and maintaining new systems
- Working knowledge of security
- Docker and containerization technologies
- Experience with configuration management systems
- DevOps experience would be very useful
- Knowledge of networking and networking hardware
This is a full time salaried position, eligible for performance bonuses, and compensated at market competitive rates, including full benefits of health, dental, 401(k).
Perks of working here:
- Compensated at market competitive rates
- Full benefits, including health, dental, 401(k)
- Video game consoles in the office
- Kitchen with snacks, coffee, fruits
- Free Breakfast on Wednesdays and Fridays
- Employee discount on orders placed through delivery.com
- Summer Fridays
About the company:
delivery.com empowers the neighborhood economy by enabling customers to order online from their favorite local restaurants, wine and spirits shops, grocery stores, and laundry and dry cleaning providers. More than 2 million delivery.com customers explore their communities and order from over 12,000 local businesses while at home, at work, or on the go. With headquarters in New York and a growing presence across the country, delivery.com makes e-commerce an integral part of local daily life, helping customers shop, businesses grow, and neighborhoods thrive.